Saturday, June 13, 2015

Jade, More Than Just A Pretty Rock

Jade Nixon is a proud supporter of everything music, as well as being an evening presenter on The Zone. We know every band’s dream is to hear themselves on the radio. We managed to snag a quick interview where she gave us a first hand look into the world of The Zone.

Hammer Records
What inspired you to join the radio community?

Jade:
I was inspired to join the radio community from a young age, I've actually wanted to be talking on the radio since I was five. I said to my mum, while standing on the coffee table, dancing to a song on the radio. The music finished and a woman came on, I yelled 'MUM I WANNA BE IN THE RADIO LIKE HER'. 

Hammer Records:
What separates The Zone from other radio stations?

Jade:
What separates The Zone and other radio stations is our team. The Zone is real people, having a real conversation. Every DJ is them self both on and off air. We go to events and shows and support our community like no other. We also like to make our decisions based on feedback from listeners. We answer our phones when we are in the studio, we chat with whoever wants to chat. Basically we are a very passionate team/family, we love radio and we love whoever is listening and supporting, I think it shows too!

Hammer Records:
Do you find you’re able to support local music and events while working at The Zone?

Jade:
I think I am more than just able to support and play local music at The Zone.The Zone is a HUGE supporter of local talent and events!

Hammer Records:
If a band wants to get on the radio, what advice do you have for them?

Jade:
We have a fantastic Zone Band of The Month program, where local musicians can apply through our website and once chosen, are the band of a specific month on our website, social media and on air. We play their songs and eventually round them all up for a couple showcases. Which highlights each of the band/solo musician! The Zone also supports local music outside of the Zone Band of The Month program, any local artist can send in their music to our Music Director Bryan Capistrano. He will give feedback to the musician(s) and listen to their music. We also have The Zone's INBOX where four times a day Mon-Fri we play a song and encourage those listening to give us feedback and go onto our website to place a vote on The INBOX vote-o-matic. As well we have songs we feature a few times a day out of four songs a week, some local, some not! Basically we have many avenues for local bands and new music to be heard. 

Hammer Records:
What has been one of the biggest highlights while working at The Zone?

Jade:
Choosing one of the biggest highlights while working at The Zone is hard, there have been countless unreal moments in the past five years. I think I'd combine all the on air shows, emceeing at Rock The Shores and Rifflandia, meeting my favourite bands and interviewing some, as well as the opportunities I've received since my very odd and rare start at The Zone. 

Hammer Records:
What is one of your favourite local acts?

Jade:

Ahh!!! I don't want to choose one local act I love, because we are surrounded by SO MANY!! And I love tons, to pieces. But one man that deserves way more love, kudos and support would be Sam Weber. I swoon over his music allllll the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment