Thursday, March 9, 2017

CBC Searchlight - Stan Simon

We had a few words with long time musician, Stan Simon, about this years entry into the CBC Searchlight contest.

Hammer Records: Is this the first time you’ve entered into the CBC Spotlight Contest?
Stan: No, I've entered twice before. I think it's a great contest and an equally great platform for people to hear new music and for musicians to spread their own.

Hammer Records: Which of the prizes are you most excited about?
Stan: Nothing in particular. I think I would be humbled to win anything. Mostly, I'd like to gain new listeners and meet new folks along the way.

Hammer Records: How would you describe your music to a brand new listener?
Stan: I attempt to make my listeners feel like part of a scene in a film, adhering to a dark theatrical tone shaped from traditional genres.

Hammer Records: What made you pick the piece of music/video to enter?
Stan: It's new and I have a video for it. Plus, I think it's a good tune!

Hammer Records: If you could send a message to the judges, what would it be?
Stan: I hope you enjoy what you hear and thanks for listening.

To find out more about Stan Simon and The Hotel Bible follow his Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/stansimonmusic/

No comments:

Post a Comment