Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rising Above The Clouds



We are always seeking bands that take things to the next level. In this day and age its possible for a local musician to get professional quality recordings. It takes more than just a great engineer to craft a great sounding album. The musicianship must shine through on each song. After hearing Clouds Of Analog's album, I truly think it takes things to the next level.

The opening track, "Be4Me," is a heart wrenching tune. Starting nice and simple and ending in a fiery heat of passion. It reminds me of a cross between Imagine Dragons and some classic rock bands. The lead vocals drive the song. So much character in the voice that your ear is instantly transfixed.

As the album progresses, it provides a great mix of both ballads and upbeat tracks. The drums sound great and keep the momentum in every song. When combined with the riding bass and guitars the whole album seems to just fly by, leaving no dull moments. The keyboard and synth work do a great job at filling out the tracks as well. Each song is crafted to have interesting instrumentals accompanied by the raspy vocals which keep the underlying tones of each song unique.

We would love to see these guys live at a venue to see if they bring a sense of drama to the stage. Honestly, I would be very disappointed if we watched them play and the singer was behind a piano for the entire set, or the band never moved. I almost want a "Muse-esq" performance from them. I will be greatly satisfied if I see them perform a killer set.

Recently signed with Rednyne Productions, I bet I can expect some killer shows on the horizon! I'll be keeping my eye out for these guys and can't wait to catch a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment