Thursday, February 11, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Abstract Artform


We caught up with Abstract Artform to discuss their thoughts on Canadian Music Week. Be sure to check out the other interviews with artists from Canadian Music Week. 

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian music?
Abstract Artform: I suppose I think of some of the more famous people from Canada. I think it used to have more meaning to me but these days I don't see it as all that helpful to separate musical genres by geography. Makes it hard for some of us that's for sure.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Abstract Artform: I have showcased previously about 4 times, I think.

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Abstract Artform: Well, I had a great live review one time for buying rounds for the people in the front row - so that might happen. The fact that my group consists of one of the members of Digable Planets is pretty special. 

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Abstract Artform: I want to send the message that if you read this, hit me up. I want to find new friends and fans across Canada and I want to be besties. Maybe we will go to a movie sometime or something, or go ride go karts. You never know. 

Hammer Records: What is on the horizon?
Abstract Artform: The new Living Proof 12 inch exclusive white vinyl dropped on Urbnet at http://urbnet.com/livingproof. You can cop a vinyl and digital download there or hit me up on social media (Twitter/Instagram @AbstractArtform) or Facebook fan page. We are currently booking festivals and have two videos that you can catch on-line from the album. 

No comments:

Post a Comment