Thursday, March 9, 2017

CBC Searchlight - Aiden Myers


Hailing from Toronto, we had a brief chat with Aiden Myers about his entry into this years CBC Searchlight Contest.

Hammer Records: Is this the first time you’ve entered into the CBC Spotlight Contest?
Aiden: Yes, This is the first year I have entered, and I'm so happy I had a finished product to submit. I think it's amazing that CBC is giving all of us emerging songwriters and musicians a chance to really get a leg up, and push our careers forward.


Hammer Records: Which of the prizes are you most excited about?
Aiden: The prize i'm most excited for is for sure, is the trip to banff. I think it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to surround myself with canada's most talented people, in canada's most magical location. I Think there's so much inspiration out there, especially surrounded by so much beauty and art. And to get to spend 10 days there? I would be happy with 10 hours. so thats forsure what stands out to me!


Hammer Records: How would you describe your music to a brand new listener?
Aiden: I describe my music as a crossover genre between pop, pop/rock and hints of modern country. Think 2006 John mayer, mixed with Hedley, and keith urban.

my songs are true to me. I also tie in catchy hooks, along with powerful lyrics to captivate anyone who lends and ear to my art.

Hammer Records: What made you pick the piece of music/video to enter?
Aiden: This song, Keep My sweater is the first single I have released worldwide. Besides for that, I picked it because the whole story behind it is true, and means alot to me. its about that girl thats gone, but no matter what you'll always care for that person. That being said, I just felt that it was the right tune to submit, because I know a lot of people would be able to relate to it, and share what I felt and what I'll always feels for that one special someone I had in my life.


Hammer Records: If you could send a message to the judges, what would it be?
Aiden: Honestly that I think there's so many amazing artists in this competition, and i'd just wish them luck on trying to pick the best ones to move forward (cause I know I would have a hard time deciding that hahah). But seriously There's no reason why I personally deserve this, obviously I want to win, everyone wants to win, But every last person in this competition is working just as hard to get to that place I want to be in.   


Learn more about Aiden Myers by following his Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/aidenmyersmusic/

No comments:

Post a Comment