Tuesday, March 7, 2017

CBC Searchlight - Anna Klein


Anna Klein is spreading her music from Saskatchewan, having just released a new music video she also has entered the CBC Spotlight contest. We spoke briefly to her about her entry into the competition.

Hammer Records: Is this the first time you’ve entered into the CBC Spotlight Contest?

Anna: Yes, this is my first time entering.

Hammer Records: Which of the prizes are you most excited about?
Anna: All of the prizes in this competition are incredible. I think a professional recording session would be unreal, as I’ve had little studio experience. Being given the chance to perform to larger audiences would also be amazing! Performing is unlike anything else for me, and it’s something I want to do a lot more of.

Hammer Records: How would you describe your music to a brand new listener?
Anna: My music is a unique mix of indie, alternative, and ambient/electronic. It’s pretty lyrical, as well as easy listening.

Hammer Records: What made you pick the piece of music/video to enter?
Anna: I chose my song “Innocence”, from my EP that was released in December 2016 titled “Innocence”. This song is very meaningful, and the lyrics carry a theme to what this past year has been for me. I know this song in particular has touched others as well, and it’s something that I am really proud of.


Hammer Records: If you could send a message to the judges, what would it be?
Anna: To the judges of CBC Searchlight, I would like to say thank you so much for the opportunity to share my music, as well as getting to discover other aspiring Canadian artists. It would be an incredible honour to succeed in this competition. For as long as I can remember, music has played such a significant role for me. It continues to impact me as I grow, and I know I want to pursue it for the rest of my life. Ultimately, I would love further opportunity to help others with music like so many artists have done for me. Over the years I have come to know just how powerful music is, and it would be a privilege to be a source of something so wonderful and reach a larger audience. I am so excited to be a part of this competition, and I look forward to what the future holds!

Find out more about Anna Klein on her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/annakleinmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment