Thursday, March 17, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Ella Fence


Cinematic folk music. Come witness the show that is Ella Fence at Canadian Music Week. We had a quick few words with Ella about her upcoming performance at Canadian Music Week.

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian Music?
Ella Fence: I think raw, true talent. Australia (my home country) and Canada are so in line with their music taste and industries, so I’m excited to bring my sound to a Canadian audience.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Ella Fence: I was in Brighton, UK, recording my new EP, staying with a few musicians from the Australian band Fairchild, who moved to the UK. They showcased at CMW in 2014 and their experience really inspired me to apply for my band. Shortly after returning to Australia, I found out I was accepted and started planning the next big trip overseas!

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Ella Fence: The stage show is treat, but you’ll have to come along to find out why. The sound is a unique blend of film music and pop/folk led by powerhouse vocals, driven by the energy of one killer female drummer, blended together with the wide scope of synthesiser sounds. My drummer Sarah is joining me on the trip from Australia and we are working with a local Toronto keyboardist Reuven Grajner for all shows. 

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Ella Fence: Byron Bay boys Double Deuce produced this film clip for my leading single Unknown Water. The visual element is so important for my music; for the full Ella Fence experience, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C089Vi9hf10

Hammer Records: Whats coming up for you?
Ella Fence: Releasing a single I wrote while in London within the next couple of months and will follow this up with a second EP all written and recorded in Brighton UK. We’re heading to the Great Escape Festival straight from CMW to perform on an alternate lineup and an international tour is in the works in support of the new releases. On the way to CMW, we are also heading to LA, Nashville and NYC for songwriting and music hustling. Here's some links to my film clip and single: 
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C089Vi9hf10
https://soundcloud.com/ellafencemusic/unknown-water

Social links: 
Website: www.ellafencemusic.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ellafencemusic / Ella Fence
Instagram: http://instagram.com/ellafencemusic / @ellafencemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment