Saturday, March 5, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - JPNSGRLS


Local hometown heroes JPNSGRLS are legends around Vancouver. I don't think any Vancouver musician worth their salt hasn't heard of these boys. Super talented, lots of fun, we've seen them play years ago and now are on their rise to stardom. We had a quick chat about them about their upcoming performance at Canadian Music Week.

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian Music?
JPNSGRLS: I think of great bands like metric and dfa 1979 and the arcade fire.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
JPNSGRLS: We signed up and they accepted us. I understand this is not a very sexy answer.

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
JPNSGRLS: I am definitely planning to see eagles of death metal. I have been a massive fan of that band since I was a kid. My brother and I were obsessed with their first record. (Death by sexy). We stand out because We are a band that adores performing and we work our asses off to give the crowd a great show. A lot of bands don't do that.

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
JPNSGRLS: Think critically and feel deeply.

Hammer Records: Whats coming up for you?
JPNSGRLS: A new full-length album called "Divorce". And a european tour. Part of having the most confusing band name in the world is all the domain names aren't taken so everything we do is @jpnsgrls or /jpnsgrls . We are on twitter, instagram and facebook. And we have www.jpnsgrls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment