Tuesday, April 19, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - Julian Taylor Band


Hometown Funk Rock band the Julian Taylor Band is preparing to perform at Canadian Music Week. We had a nice chat with him about his upcoming show!

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian Music?
Julian Taylor: I am a huge fan of Canadian music and it’s great to see it dominate the international charts these days.  Some of my favourite groups are Canadian.  Who doesn’t love The Band.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
Julian Taylor: I’ve been a part of the music the Canadian Music industry for over 20 years now.  I’ve played CMW a handful of time and have even been a panelist back in my indie record label days.  Last year I attended as a journalist for FYI Music.  I am excited to be playing May 4th at Lee’s Palace with my band.  May the 4th be with you.

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
Julian Taylor: Eagles of Death Metal for sure and our label mates Dearly Beloved are opening for them too.

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
Julian Taylor: I would have to say that we don’t fit in the box.  It’s an original sound and a universal one.

Hammer Records: Whats coming up for you?

Julian Taylor: Right now the band has been working on our double album Desert Star.  It’s close to being done and I am very proud of it.  It’s a very emotional album for me and it took a lot of hard work to create.

SOCIAL LINKS:  www.juliantaylorband.com

No comments:

Post a Comment