Tuesday, April 5, 2016

#CMW Artist Showcase - NINA


Bringing SynthPOP to Toronto, NINA will be hitting the stages. We had a quick chat about her upcoming performance at Canadian Music Week.

Hammer Records: Tell us what you think of when you think Canadian Music?
NINA: I think about growing up listening to Celine Dion and practising to her music. But of course there are lots of other great Canadian artists out there that I also admire. I've never been to Canada before, so I'm excited to explore the music scene a little more and to watch some live bands.

Hammer Records: How did you get involved in Canadian Music Week?
NINA: I heard about Canadian Music Week when I performed at Live At Heart Festival in Sweden last year and someone in the music industry said I should go, so I applied and I was very lucky to receive support from the PRS in the UK to make the trip possible. 

Hammer Records: What do you have planned for Canadian Music Week?
NINA: I've had a bit of a break from live touring to concentrate on writing and recording my new EP, but I'm so ready to get out there and play my new material at CMW. I'm doing 2 shows at CMW (6th and 7th May) where I will perform a few exclusive new songs that I've never played before, so I'm excited to see the reaction from the crowd.

Hammer Records: What message do you want to send to Canadians listening to your music?
NINA: If you love synths and the 80s, you should get my new EP.

Hammer Records: Whats coming up for you?

NINA: My new EP "Beyond Memory" produced by Richard X is out on May 27th, and I'm currently planning tours in France, UK and Italy. I'm also supporting DE/VISION again in Germany in October, which I'm super excited about. Find updates and new tour dates on my website www.ninasounduk.com and facebook/instagram pages @NinaSoundUK

No comments:

Post a Comment